You’re browsing your phone, looking for games that you can download, and then you stop mid-search because you don’t see the Google Play Store app icon anywhere. Don’t panic. There are multiple ways to restore the app. Here’s a quick guide.
The Google Play Store app cannot be uninstalled on devices that already have it pre-installed. So, what’s wrong here? If your app icon is missing from your device, chances are, you might have disabled or hidden it.
There are also many other reasons why the app will stop working. You might be running low on storage space, you need to clear cache and data from the app, or you may even need to keep the Google Play Store app up to date.
Restoring the Google Play Store App
1. Transfer App Icon from the App Drawer to Your Home Screen
It’s possible that you’ve only removed the app icon from your home screen and did not delete it. To restore the app to your home screen:
- Open the App Drawer by swiping up on your device’s home screen or by tapping on the App Drawer icon.
- Find the Google Play Store app icon.
- Tap and hold the icon and then drag it to your home screen.
- Another option is to tap and hold the icon, and then select the “Add to Home” option.
2. Check for Hidden Apps
You might have also accidentally hidden the app icon. To restore a hidden app:
- Open your device’s launcher, then go to Home Screen Settings.
- Look for the “Hide apps” button. Tap to open and then proceed to unselect the apps you don’t want hidden.
3. Enable from App Settings
Chances are, the app is still on your device, only you’ve disabled it. To enable it again:
- Go to your device’s Settings. Then, open Applications or Applications Manager.
- You’ll see that your apps are divided into four categories, namely: Downloaded, On Card, Running, and All. Click on the “All” button.
- Scroll down and try to find Google Play Store on the list.
- Tap selection to open.
- If it has been disabled, tap on the “Disabled” button to enable the App.
4. Download and Install the APK
If you find that the app is completely missing from your device, you have the option to download and reinstall its APK file by following these steps:
- Search online for the latest downloadable Google Play Store APK.
- Download the Google Play Store APK.
- After downloading it, transfer the APK file to your device.
- Install the APK.
- Restart your device only when necessary.
If you can’t find the Google Play Store app, you need to make sure that you’re using the same Google account that you used to download it. You can use any app that you bought on Google Play on any Android device without having to pay for it again. With the same Google account, you can do any or all of the following:
- Install an app on any Android device.
- Install the app of your choice on a new Android device.
- Reinstall deleted apps.
There’s no need for you to panic and think that your device is faulty. If you’re having the same problem with your Chromebook, the steps are pretty similar. Don’t sell your laptop online just yet and stay tuned for our next guide.